Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wonder

Oh hello.
Photobucket


My story "Movie Man" is featured in A cappella Zoo's print journal, Issue 5. You can read it online for free here. The story was a present to a filmmaker friend: a magic homage to some of the best directors in the world.

Yesterday I received an acceptance letter for a much darker story. Publication is slated for October 2011, lead story. A gangster and his prey in a hospital room of creatures. I was furious with the world when I wrote it.

My computer finally died the other night, and as I read the letter, the power went out. I opened the shades in the living room and flipped the blank pages of a paper journal. I want to write letters, I want a pen pal. I wonder if Kerouac's is the most current diary in existence worth the bother. I didn't write a thing.

I'm glad the good is coming with the shitty. It's so much good, it's so bad, it will get better as long as I keep writing. People should know what's really happening in the wells; we've run out of water and someone broke the only lantern in the night, and we all cut ourselves on the pieces. We need a ladder and clean clothes. I'll pen the letter.



Photobucket