Friday, November 12, 2010

Winter

Photobucket

First snow in Denver! It's bringing out the ghouls. Nightmares are heightened in the one-bedrooms, and last night I felt a warm hand holding mine, putting me to sleep.

At Victoria's Secret, I caught a little boy lying under the dressing room door, staring as I tried on lingerie. When I told him to leave, he didn't react right away.

I just wanted to feel attractive. The holidays make me all weird. I crave ice cream and frozen yogurt shops. Cold comfort foods. I want to wear petticoats and expose my throat with something pretty hanging from it, a necklace, inexpensive quartz. In the winter I want to dress up every day and dance, strapless silver dresses. It all feels so melancholy this time around, except in those first few moments when the snow starts falling.