Friday, March 19, 2010

Third

I now have six stories circuiting the market! I received an e-mail from The Cafe Irreal informing me that my short story "Movie Man" is under consideration for the March 2010 issue. I receive the verdict on April 16th. Regardless, I am titillated by the recognition; it propelled me to submit two new short stories tonight.

"Movie Man" is the greatest story I could think of to receive attention for the first time. I wrote it as a Christmas present and never expected anyone but its recipient to read it. But it turns out I like to submit stories until I pass out. I worked hard to make "Movie Man" an homage to the brilliant minds of film and personalize it all to the tastes of a very passionate and particular man. Somebody out there is digging that I go on those benders about Jan Svankmajer's clay private parts.